Step One: Measure Around Your Chest
To measure your chest size:
Wrap a flexible measuring tape around your body, just below your bust.
Make sure the tape is snug and level with the ground.
Take the measurement and use it to figure out your bra size.
Step Two: Measure Around Your BustUse a flexible measuring tape to get your bra size and wrap it around your bust at the fullest point. Make sure the tape is parallel to the ground, and take a snug measurement. This measurement will help you determine your bra size.
Step Three: Calculate Your Band SizeOnce you have your chest and bust measurements, it's time to calculate your band size. Take your chest measurement and round it to the nearest even number. For example, if your chest measurement is 32 inches, your band size is 32. If your chest measurement is 33 inches, your band size is 34.
Step Four: Calculate Your Cup SizeNow that you have your band size, it's time to calculate your cup size. To do this, subtract your band size from your bust measurement. Each inch difference will correspond to a cup size. For example, if your band size is 34 and your bust measurement is 36, the difference is two inches, corresponding to a B cup size.
Step Five: Try On Different SizesNow that you know your bra size, it's time to try on different sizes. Every brand is different, so it's important to try on different sizes to find the perfect fit. Ensure the band is snug but not too tight and the cups are not too big or too small.
Step Six: Check the FitOnce you've found a few bras that fit well, it's time to check the fit. Ensure the band is snug against your body and doesn't ride up in the back. The cups should also fit snugly against your breast without gaping or bulging. If the bra feels uncomfortable or doesn't fit properly, it's time to try a different size.
What are the Best Bra Styles for Your Body TypeFinding the right bra style for your body type can be quite a challenge. After all, not all bras are created equal, and what works for one body type might not work for another. So, if you're wondering which bra style is best for you, read on!
For Petite FiguresYou should look for bras that provide a lot of support without adding bulk. Look for styles with a wide band and shallow cups, as they will provide the most support without adding extra volume. Balconette and demi-cup styles are great choices, as they will be manageable for your frame.
For Plus-Size FiguresIf you're plus-sized, you should look for bras that provide ample support and coverage. Full-coverage bras are a great option, providing plenty of support and coverage without adding bulk. Full-figure bras with wide bands and straps will also help keep everything in place.
For Athletic FiguresAthletic figures should look for bras that provide plenty of support without
For Pear-Shaped FiguresYou should look for bras that provide ample support and coverage. Balconette and demi-cup styles will provide the most support and coverage without adding bulk. Additionally, bras with wide bands and wide straps will help keep everything in place.
For Hourglass FiguresIf you're an hourglass figure, you should look for bras that provide ample support and coverage. Full-coverage bras are a great option, providing plenty of support and coverage without adding bulk. Additionally, bras with wide bands and wide straps will help keep everything in place.
What to Look for When Shopping for a Bra
1. SizeThe most important factor to consider when shopping for a bra is size. Make sure to measure yourself accurately before you start shopping. A bra that is too small or too large will not fit properly and will be uncomfortable.
2. SupportThe type of bra you choose should provide adequate support for your body type. If you have a larger bust, look for bras with wider straps and bands offering more support. For smaller busts, look for bras with less coverage and a more lightweight feel.
3. ComfortComfort is key when it comes to finding the right bra. Look for bras that are made of breathable materials like cotton and spandex. Avoid too tight or loose bras, as this can cause discomfort.
4. StyleThere is no shortage of styles when it comes to bras. From lacy and feminine to sporty and practical, there is a style for everyone. Consider what bra you need for your lifestyle, and choose one you feel comfortable in.
How to Care for Your BrasRegarding lingerie, bras are some of the most important items in your wardrobe. It's important to take care of them properly so they can last longer and provide the support and comfort you need.
1. Wash Your Bras RegularlyDepending on how often you wear them, you should wash your bras at least once every two weeks. Use mild detergent and cold water, and avoid using fabric softener, which can damage the fabric.
2. Hand Washes Your BrasIf you're uncomfortable throwing your bras in the washing machine, you can also wash them. This gentler method will ensure your bras stay in good condition for longer. Fill a sink or basin with cold water and add some gentle detergent. Soak your bras for about 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
The Bottom LineFinding the perfect bra fit is important for any woman. To do so, measure your bust size, compare it to a sizing chart, try different styles of bras, and ensure a good fit by looking for signs of pinching or discomfort. These steps should help you find the right fit for your body type.
Vy's Closet Lingerie Boutique offers a wide selection of Bras, Underwear, Shapewear, and Loungewear to flatter your figure and give you confidence. We provide contemporary fashion and high-end lingerie to help you dress up your look. Call us to book an appointment if you need a bra fitting in Georgetown.